While I am a bit of a procrastinator, I hardly ever leave the entirety of big things until the last minute. Until this semester.
Unfortunately, I've been sick. Really sick. Keep-you-up-all-night sick. Make-you-feel-like-passing-out sick. Not fun. So instead of doing work, I sleep. Or zone out. Neither of which are profitable to my grades. Or my mood.
Needless to say, I'm stressed.
To help myself calm down in times of panic, I found myself a puzzle game to play.
I love puzzles. A lot. Ask David. His itouch has another one every time I borrow it for more than 10 minutes.
This puzzle immediately spoke to me- with its Bejeweled type format, my favorite book series theme, and simplicity of being right there in my favorites tab- I had to play it. The odd thing about this game is that it has 7 levels and if you lose a level then you automatically lose the game an have to start over. Now, this seems a little excessive to me. It wouldn't be a big deal if the levels are easy to win right off. But no. I kept losing after 3 or 4 levels. I mean, this game is for CHILDREN, right? And I, a puzzle master, can't win? This is not okay. Thus, my focus on calming myself during study breaks turned into an obsession to win.
This obsession took 3 weeks. (Luckily, I had days in between games at some points. Don't worry). But, I finally won.
I think.
You see, on the last level, when you finally have filled in all the squares, it just stops. There's no congratulations, no anything. It's like the designers figured no kid was going to ever win so there was no need to make an ending.
I was devastated. All of that work and time given away and no pat on the back. BAH!
All of this to say, I've continued to play the game in hopes that there is just a glitch that will work itself out.
In the meantime, I'll take a break from the game and work on my projects to help me relax a little.
Just kidding.
To play the game, click HERE.
No comments:
Post a Comment