Oh Uncle Bud.
In my opinion, putting in a statue of an old man was one of the greatest ideas HU ever had.
- You don't ever have to awkwardly sit alone on a bench and get glared at by couples trying to find an open one.
- Think of all the great picture opportunities!
- Yes, there is someone staring at you across the front lawn in the dark. But don't worry, he's a friend.
- Why wouldn't we want a bronzed precious old man? Come on!
Now, I don't know how well acquainted you are with good old Uncle Bud, but he and I are friends. I watched as his bench was slowly installed all summer, not knowing that he was going to sit on top. Boy, was I surprised when I arrived on campus for work one humid August day and he was there! Granted, he looked like this instead: (see down).

I honestly thought someone had been kidnapped and tied to that bench.
Naturally, I made friends with the captured Uncle Bud.
Isn't his face so creepy under that tarp? I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment